Wendy Williams’ family speaks out amid new documentary

Now the latest on Wendy Williams and the new claims from her family about her health from the documentary about the former daytime.

Where is Wendy Williams? It’s the name of the new documentary and a question that exists even now. The new four part series revealing in a raw way the difficult health battles facing the daytime tv icon.

Wendy Williams’ family speaks out amid new documentary

This morning, stunning new claims from the family of Wendy Williams, who was recently diagnosed with aphasia and dementia.

Follow Google News Channel to get “Hlw Update” News


Wendy’s son and only child, Kevin Hunter Jr. Speaking candidly in the new lifetime documentary about his mother, saying her condition is alcohol induced.

Wendy’s care team revealing last week that she was diagnosed with primary progressive aphasia and frontotemporal dementia, also known as FTD. Aphasia affects a person’s ability to communicate and FTD is the most common form of dementia for people under the age of 60.

There is no evidence to directly link alcohol and frontotemporal dementia, so about 40% of frontotemporal dementia cases are genetic. And the other 60% of the time, we’re not really sure why it happens.

Wendy’s niece and anchor for affiliate WPLG, Alex Finney, sat down with our Deborah Roberts ahead of her aunt’s public health acknowledgement.

Wendy’s guardian, who was court appointed in 2022 after her bank alleged she was incapacitated, suing lifetime just days before the release of a doc, a judge allowing the premiere.

Some people are going to look at this and say this is exploitation. She’s being exploited. How could they do this? But I will say this first and foremost, my aunt is the executive producer of this documentary and she said now is the perfect time because I want to take ownership of my story. She’s got a point. She’s an icon. She’s a legend. And she is the moment.

Wendy Williams, addressing her fans for the first time since the documentary released saying in part, your response has been overwhelming, adding, I continue to need personal space and peace to thrive. Please just know that your positivity and encouragement are deeply appreciated.

Leave a Comment